I was eating dinner tonight and again reading ‘Personal development for smart people’ and thought…maybe I should see if I can have a healthy conference week (this week is IA Summit, which for me is usually a not particularly healthy week – late nights, alcohol, not mindful food, a bit of gossiping etc etc).
Then I thought…no way am I going to make a public commitment to doing that. I might change my mind, or I might fail.
But what’s the point of trying to be a fantastic person if I shy away from making a commitment just because I may not achieve it.
So here goes. This week, I am going to try to:
- exercise every day (except today as I have been flying all day & got in late)
- choose food mindfully, eating food that is as close to its natural state as possible
- eat mindfully, paying attention to my food as I eat it
- drinking mindfully (yeah, I’m totally not making a commitment to drink less, but I can take care, particularly with this altitude)
- not gossip, bitch or say nasty things
- catch up with my old friends, and meet lots of new!
I’ll let you know how I go…